Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was aligning my skis the other day on my 05 switchback and it turned out my left side inner tie rod end was rusted/corroded into my tie rod itself so when I tried to turn the rod, the tie rod end snapped off inside.

Polaris lists this part as 7061085 or #5 on a parts diagram

I went to my dealer looking to get a replacement but I was informed that they don't make this specific tie rod anymore.

I'm wondering if I could use the tie rod 7061075 instead? #10 on a parts diagram.

The dealer said it might work as the threads are both left handed. The only difference I've found between them is the 075 is listed as hi-angle.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
No you can not go to a 7061075 as that is a hi-angle and will not adjust properly.

There ya go a whole new assembly with new tie rod ends for 54 bucks if you want to go that route. Which I would if it was me since over time that stuff corrodes.

What you need is a tie rod end with 50 degrees with a size of 3/8" by .750 length with left hand threads. There has to be another manufacture or aftermarket that makes it.

Lot of manufactures use the same tie rod ends on sleds just a different part number is all. Hopefully this helps in some way, yeah ordering from eBay and having to wait for a few days stink but it might be the best route with some tie rod ends going from 10-60 dollars and that is the whole assembly for 54 plus 7 for shipping. Nice thing is eBay has 10% eBay bucks going on right now if you activate the coupon.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No you can not go to a 7061075 as that is a hi-angle and will not adjust properly.

There ya go a whole new assembly with new tie rod ends for 54 bucks if you want to go that route. Which I would if it was me since over time that stuff corrodes.

What you need is a tie rod end with 50 degrees with a size of 3/8" by .750 length with left hand threads. There has to be another manufacture or aftermarket that makes it.

Lot of manufactures use the same tie rod ends on sleds just a different part number is all. Hopefully this helps in some way, yeah ordering from eBay and having to wait for a few days stink but it might be the best route with some tie rod ends going from 10-60 dollars and that is the whole assembly for 54 plus 7 for shipping. Nice thing is eBay has 10% eBay bucks going on right now if you activate the coupon.
I just ordered that one. Says he builds them to be more heavy duty than the original. We're not supposed to get any new snow for a little bit around here so I'm fine with waiting the week it'll take to get here.
Anyways, what's the difference with the high angle end for future reference?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
It could have possibly worked but why take the chance? Better to be certain when it comes to steering parts imho.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts