Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Snowmobile Freak!!!!!
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me how to fix my steering so my handle bars are straight with my ski's??? I went riding tonight and was jumping big snow drifts and snow hills that the plows left me and when I jumped a drift I gave a bit to much gas and I jumped pretty good but when I landed my chest hit the handle bars and now the handle bars for off center. Now I put my ski's straight and my handle bars are now off center and facing left a bit. The bars look like I am going to turn left on the sled. LOL Now when i center the handle bars the ski's are turning right as if I turned the handle bars to turn right. The Handle bars (steering) isn't that much off with the ski's but its enough to where its like i have a bad front alignment in my car and I have to turn my steering wheel to the left to keep my car going straight down the road. How do I straighten up my steering post so its dead center with my ski's????? I need a help on how to give my sled a front alignment plz!!!!!! LOL

Thanks for your help in advance,

·
Registered
25,423 Posts
I would start by removing the skid plate and inspect the linkage. and if it is straight, have some one turn the bars lock to lock and see if the bottom turns both ways the same amount. You may have to lock the skis down (like on a trailor) and physically bend the bars back! Then take like a 2x4 and lay it down the edge of the track and center the front and rear edges of the skis.

·
Snowmobile Freak!!!!!
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thanks for the help!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts