Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning my RAVE valves on my 95 670 Formula SS. I was wondering. How far do you screw the plastic part on the threads of the RAVE shaft? Not the red thing in the cover. The 10mm nut one. When I took it apart, it was about even with the end of the threads, and the end of the 10mm nut part. But there is like really no movement then.

Does anyone know if there is supposed to me a certain amount of movement, and I figured the caps are a limiter to that?

I have tons of LOW end power. Wondering if I wasn't getting enough movement to get me some higher end power too? having some poor mpg issues, and I think this may be a cause.

But I need to know how far on to screw the black peice, Some have a white one there instead. These are black.

Thanks tons, Need to get it set for this weekend. it's snowing right now too.)))

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Also check that the rubber diaphragms are in good shape. One of mine were cracked, sled ran like crap on high end.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
these won't bottom out. The 10mm part on them, have holes through them.( So they would bottom out, fully wide open. Hence no help on bottom end. The diaphrams are in great shape, and the valves were pretty clean actually. The guy who had the sled before me did the maint, but he's not a mechanial wonder unfortunately. I think he just turned them down till they stopped. No movement at all. How much total travel should I get?

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
The RAVE valves on my 617 and 780 triple both move 1/2 to 3/4 inch. They go as far as the diaphragm lets the stretch. My 10mm "bolts" do not have holes, though. Do you think the other owner overtorqued them?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I heard that the 95s were slightly diff, first year or something? Not sure but both have exact same sized holes and shape.Don't think they were over tightened. But not sure. (

1 - 6 of 6 Posts