Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working on a 1995 Storm SKS P/T. The parts diagram refers you to another page, in this case Pg B12. I've circled both times on the suspension where it does this. I need both of those shafts, they are identical. They are pretty simple aluminum shafts, so I guess I could have them made at a machine shop. But I would like to try and find a parts number for them. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Wheel Bicycle tire Motor vehicle Tire Bicycle part

· Registered
3,706 Posts
Are you referring to the shafts that go in the torque arm and then bolt to the tunnel when the suspension is in the tunnel itself? If so then the part numbers are different for front and back according to Polaris browse. Number 29 in the picture attached in this post and number 24 for the front.

Font Slope Auto part Parallel Line art

Font Parallel Auto part Drawing Diagram

Part number for 29 is 5020570 and for number 24 it is 5010149

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
502070 is too short. These three are identical. They are all about 8 1/2" long, one is way up front that the straps connect to (Ref A in your drawing), one is the bottom end of the front torque arm (Ref C in your drawing), and one is the 'middle' of the rear torque arm _ bolts to # 2 in your top drawing but it is longer. It is not shown in any drawing.
Wood Rectangle Font Gas Auto part
Automotive tire Bicycle part Gas Fastener Auto part

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Best bet is going to be finding a salvage yard or someone on craigslist or facebook marketplace that is parting one out.
I found it, I think. It's in the drawing of the rails. Says I need 3 of callout #10 - #502723. From what I have in my skid, there are 4 shafts that are 8.5" long. 3 are aluminum, one is steel. The steel one has two bogies in the center of it. It's weird that it gives a part number on callout #10, but still refers you to something else for the remaining shafts.
Organism Slope Font Parallel Auto part

· Registered
945 Posts
Part number is 5020723 and there are 3 of them. Still available from Polaris for $19.99 each. Not sure what the reference and page is about. Those shafts are also used by the XLT and I'm almost certain on most Polaris suspensions since that establishes the distance between the rails. The critical ones will be those that fit inside the cross tubes since the diameter will be very important and the length has to be exact so that the shaft gets locked between the rails and the bushing (7556301) still allows enough space for the tube the turn on the shaft.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Part number is 5020723 and there are 3 of them. Still available from Polaris for $19.99 each. Not sure what the reference and page is about. Those shafts are also used by the XLT and I'm almost certain on most Polaris suspensions since that establishes the distance between the rails. The critical ones will be those that fit inside the cross tubes since the diameter will be very important and the length has to be exact so that the shaft gets locked between the rails and the bushing (7556301) still allows enough space for the tube the turn on the shaft.
I'd like to see this Pg B13. I doubt I could have them made in a machine shop for less than that. I'm going to order them today because mine are a complete mess. I've never seen wear like that from limiter straps.
Hand Gesture Tool Auto part Gas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts