Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys....i got a problem...got some nice fresh powder today, went to go rip it up, started the sled, let it warm up, went to take off and it wouldnt move...i had it wide open and it just sat there....le it, cleaned the plugs, started it up rode it about 10 feet and then it stalled, re-cleaned the plugs, it started back up but wouldnt move.....what is going on here!?!?!? we picked up the rear and goosed it, the track would barely go anywhere.....almost like its freezing up??

HELP!!!

thanks

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Any ice in the track? Happend to my friends sled today just pick up the rear end and bang it off the ground a couple times and then it should move, the same thing you are saying happend to me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm i guess ill try that tomorow....i did pick up the back a few times but never really slammed it down

Thanks!

·
GIT ER DONE
312 Posts
My brake puck / pad was stuck the first time out this season. Wouldn't move the track @ all. Keep the unit lifted in the back somehow and spin your track and clutches by hand . ( no motor running ) and make sure everything is moving freely. By spinning the track it will move the chain in the chaincase, the brake disc, and spin the secondary clutch via the jackshaft. If these don,t move look into the items I just described in the test.

That or like described earlier , you just need some heat to melt ice and get things moving.

Good luck, Dude

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks everyone! ill be sure to check over everything tomorow when i go to attack it again....hopefully there sint any motor problems

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
problem solved!!!

put in new plugs after cleaning them the last 1000000 times.....and sprayed starter fluid in the carbs and it started right up....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts