Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 86 SRV, it fan fine a week ago then started spitting and popping after a days worth of riding. It was all I could do to limp it home. When I got back I noticed the fuel pump was leaking do I bought a new one, it is square rather than round but is the stock replacement.
So I went to ride it today and it ran like a raped ape like usual, but only for about 20 - 30 minutes as it started to spit and pop again. I could get it to scream then it would be like someone hit the kill switch. when it spits and pops I can hit the starter switch and it will take off and run better but not right, then die out. I have cleaned the carb several times with no luck. Both plugs look ok. I have all new fuel lines, filters, and vacuum lines. Is there anything under the soft plug on top of the carb? I have the oil injection unhooked with a screw in the line and a uni filter instead of the airbox, as it was last season and ran great. Any thoughts? thank you in advance. 2nd Srv just started acting the same........

1 - 1 of 1 Posts