Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 pantera 2up and when I turn my key the fuel pump was not pumping it's anitial pump. The lights all came on. It will starts but idles a little ruff. When I hit the throttle it bogs out and dies. I have traced some of the wiring and found at the fuel pump harness if I take a wire from the neg. side of the harness and take it directly to the neg. side of the battery the pump will run and the sled runs like it is suppose to. I looked at some diagrams on the net and fond that the harness said it had a resister in it. Could that be the problem. I have also traced some of the wires to the ECU. Could this be the problem. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. I feel like I'm at a dead end.
Thanks, George

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well it sounds like it's a ground problem...but if you can't figure it out throw it on an EFI analyzer, it'll tell any electrical problem in seconds....

.......Whacked......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll give that a try. Can I buy an analyzer or would I be better off taking to a dealer for this. Thank you for your help.
George

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have found several useful schematics on alpha-sports.com. their is alot of items on this page.you might have to navigate around a little. it took me a little bit to figure it out.
George

·
Registered
10 Posts
went to alpha-sports.com-- Where did you find any schematics?----I looked all over web site!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry dude my buddy told me to go their and He said thats where he got them. I'll check with him again and find out. my bad sorry.
george

1 - 7 of 7 Posts