Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I scored big time today, I placed an ad in the local classified looking for a reverse kit for the wifes 2000 Z370. Within an hour a guy called me and said he had a complete set-up off of a 2003 ZR900 and he only wanted $60 for it! Needless to say, it was in my garage within the hour.
The only problem that I can see with installing it onto the Z370 is that the lower sprocket on the 370 is currently held on by a bolt as the driveshaft end is female whereas the ZR900 uses a nut to hold the lower sprocket on since the driveshaft end is male. I'm hoping there is a simple cheap adapter to solve this problem.
Anybody know?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Longer bolt and a simple piece of 3/8" pipe as a spacer!
Thanks for the reply, but I'm confused... Item #17 in the parts schematic for 2003 ZR900 (late) is threaded internally so that it can screw onto the end of the driveshaft (on the ZR900) that has a male threaded stud protruding out the end. My 2000 Z370 driveshaft end is female and the lower sprocket is held on by a bolt.
What I need to do is convert the end of my driveshaft from female to male in order to accomodate the previously mentioned "item number 17".

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, I hope this works...The pictures are of a ZR driveshaft on the left with the male threads, a Z shaft on the right with female threads and the part that threads onto the end of the ZR shaft which is identified as item # 17 in the schematic. I hope this makes it easier to understand what I'm asking.
Thanks.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.