Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1980 ski doo citation 3500 and I’ve cleaned the carb (pilot jet and main jet included) and I still can’t get it to idle without shutting off. Also won’t start without starter fluid. Any help would be awesome as I’m new to working on sleds thanks.

· Registered
3,986 Posts
Don't use starting fluid use a few drops of gasoline mixed with oil down the cylinders. Check that the fuel line is still in the gas tank with the weighted fuel filter on the end of it if it is not there replace with tygon fuel line only and I would replace the fuel pump and the fuel filter in the engine bay area and replace any fuel lines as well and go from there.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't use starting fluid use a few drops of gasoline mixed with oil down the cylinders. Check that the fuel line is still in the gas tank with the weighted fuel filter on the end of it if it is not there replace with tygon fuel line only and I would replace the fuel pump and the fuel filter in the engine bay area and replace any fuel lines as well and go from there.
Would you know what size fuel lines they are? And where would I order the pump from?

· Registered
1995 Polaris XLT Touring
704 Posts
Since you're in Canada try royal distributing online to see if they have the correct pump. Amazon may have them too. Fuel lines you should be able to take one and being it to the hardware store to find the same diameter lines.

· Registered
3,986 Posts
Should be able to use 1/4" with some very small clamps. If it is a single carburetor like it sounds like you have then it should be the one below. Along with the weighted fuel filter below as well. I use a standard 1/4" clear walbro or old artic cat style fuel filter. For the inside of the tank only it needs to be tygon since it will be immersed in gasoline I use it in the engine bay as well since it lasts longer then standard fuel line as the clear blue stuff gets hard after a couple of years. The weighted fuel filter should still be in the tank rolling around if it is still there. Even though it is a regular us link at amazon for the 2nd link you can get them up there as well. 3rd link is for the fuel filter in the engine bay and can be had up there as well. Just buy it from royal like the other poster said for all 3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.