Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I would really appreciate some help on purchasing sleds.

We are fairly new to this sport and am looking on buying two sleds and splitting them with my brother and our wives. So we will probably ride 2 sleds with 4 people occasionally.

We want them to be primarily to snowboard off of them, but also capable to do everything else too. (Powder riding, climbing, and trails)

I have read that it is important to buy a brand that has a dealer local which is Polaris, but I have all the other brands within 30-40 min, but this dealer does business with me, so I want to support them in return, but if another sled is suggested, we will consider.

We have thought about the Polaris Turbo IQ LXT, but I have concerns about if this sled will be as much fun without the women, due to it most liking being heavy. We have also thought about buying one "touring" type sled and something more fun, but then what do we do when the girls come?

What would be our best option? THANKS!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Your sort of asking for opposite things. All the machines that are gonna take you up a hill to snowboard down are not going to be "2 up" machines meaning that they are meant for one person to ride. this does not mean 2 people can't ride together, they are just not designed for it. I would stay away from the touring sleds out there in the rockies, your snow is too light and you will probably have troubles getting stuck in the fresh stuff. I would go with something with a track length around 140" this will give you good floatation without being a monster machine. Ski doo makes some sick mountain sleds. Polaris is also a great manufacture as well, but has had some engine troubles in the last 6-8 years. I think the arctic cat F series crossover machines would be a really good fit for you. Great for all around riding. What ever you choose have fun and enjoy!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Get a mountain sled, Summit, M series, or RMK knew 3 buddies that were big time snowboarders, no longer board but sure into sledding.

Dave

·
Registered
72 Posts
get a 2 used mountain sleds cuz when your snowboarding you will have the rider and the boarder on the way up and and when its real fluffy it dosent float very good then a used touring sled for the wifes to ride on together so they can film:D

·
SD Rider
4,337 Posts
I think Ski-Doo has a sled that has a removable 2-up seat, so you can remove it for riding solo and put it back on when you bring other people (in this case the wives) with you.

·
Registered
136 Posts
i would go with the summit 146 or 154 track most reliable

1 - 10 of 10 Posts