Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going shopping in the morning for used parts, (found a guy on craigslist)
either to buy service parts or a replacement unit. Both are in budget. How can I identify if a replacement unit will work in my '92 indy 500 SP 500 using the same track, minor mods stuff is OK, but don't want to dive into a money pit with no bottom.

I will have my suspension with me to compare what I can.

This photo is my unit.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
1st you have several threads about this, keep it on the main one so there isn't several going with several different posts.

2nd an Xtra-10 is the way to go. You will have to drill new mounting holes for the rear bracket and move the front bolt/cross shaft forward some but there is a TON of videos and threads on this all over the internet and doesn't cost much other then the suspension, Stainless Steel Rivets and a few other minor things vs a sub-par suspension that you have now that will increase the ride on it by 1000% over the old one. Look at the position of the shocks and the height of the rear rear shock cross shaft compared to yours there is a big difference.

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
Just so you know the last x10 I picked up came with the Fox shocks, looked just like that one and cost $100!
So if this Guy has one don't pay more than $150 with Newly Rebuilt shocks!
Also it may not be in your budget but if you can find a good used 1" pull off track it would help over your stock one.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just so you know the last x10 I picked up came with the Fox shocks, looked just like that one and cost $100!
So if this Guy has one don't pay more than $150 with Newly Rebuilt shocks!
Also it may not be in your budget but if you can find a good used 1" pull off track it would help over your stock one.
When you say 1" track, what does that mean?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
1" track is the size of the paddles. Biggest you can go with those sleds is a 1" track without studs or .91" track with 1" studs safely.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I have a 91 Indy 500 that I'm running a 1 1/4" track with no clearance issues and we used to run the 1 1/4" Simmons speed cleats or some that Cycle Works used to offer on all of our SKS models.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts