Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody I'm havin a heck of a time with my buddys sled. It would run great for a while, then quit. After a new fuel pump, cleaning the gas tank, putting new lines on everything, and cleaning and adjusting the carbs, it was finally runnung again this morning, but its very doggy on take off and after you ride it a bit, it DUMPS gas out of the top of the carbs at idle, then dies. Should I bend the tab on the brass float valve so it gets less fuel? The thing is, it ran good last year, other than not easy to start, cause one choke is stuck off in the carb. The little air fuel screws are at about a turn and a half out. When it gets up to about 10 12 mph, she rips pretty good. Any help would be appreciated, its snowing here!:confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, thanks everybody, we did all those things at least twice.. sled still would do the same thing. We adjusted the float valves a hair, didn't seem to matter. Put a different carb on to replace the one with the stuck choke and left the choke out completely, last night it was still flooding out, but now for some unknown reason, it runs like a champ, but still doggy out of the hole.. I think probably it could use a slightly smaller belt and maybe a little clutch work, but she's runnin great, anyway..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts