Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i got a 96 polaris xcr 600 triple and i dont feel like getting all the parts i need to get it running. gotta get a stator stator plate, flywheel, puller pully. cdi box, clutch face plate, clutch spring n bolt, and exhaust cuz the one i got dont fit....i dont want to sped all this money on this motor and it run like crap.
so i was wondering if i should go on and fix it or what cuz i know these years of motors kinda suck i guess. otherwise my other question was
could i swap a yamaha sxr 600 triple into my polaris fast? could it be done? if you got anything let me know. cuz i want to ride this winter and not have my sled burn down like last winter.
thanks for the help

·
Sconnie
1,745 Posts
it'll take quite a bit of work to swap a yamaha motor into a poo chassis. not worth it imo. sounds like your current engine really needs a lot of work too. you might just be best off finding a used complete engine or parts sled off craigslist...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay well thanks for the help.....ill have to see if i can scratch up enough money for a parts sled or just a twin motor cuz i dont prefer the triples anyways.
ill see what i can do other wise ill go with a project and try to make the yamaha motor work in the polaris chassis.
ill give the info on if it works or not when i get it done.

·
Need Snow!!!!!
427 Posts
okay well thanks for the help.....ill have to see if i can scratch up enough money for a parts sled or just a twin motor cuz i dont prefer the triples anyways.
ill see what i can do other wise ill go with a project and try to make the yamaha motor work in the polaris chassis.
ill give the info on if it works or not when i get it done.

I've got a 96 XLT Special that is apart and supposedly needs a top end, but it's complete. Never had it off the trailer since I bought it. Was going to attempt to put it together, but the other sled I bought with it needed less work so there it sat. I still have people looking at it hee hawing, but it may just be parted out soon.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got a 96 XLT Special that is apart and supposedly needs a top end, but it's complete. Never had it off the trailer since I bought it. Was going to attempt to put it together, but the other sled I bought with it needed less work so there it sat. I still have people looking at it hee hawing, but it may just be parted out soon.
well if your willing to part out that sled and give me a desent price on everything i would probley buy the parts from you.
so just let me know

1 - 5 of 5 Posts