Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope someone out there can help me with my 2002 Polaris 340 Indy Sled. Ok, here's the deal....I actually have a pair of these. They seem to be running doggish and the one I ran 2nite was popping, the more I pushed it. Couldn't get much speed up though. Both plugs seem to be getting pretty good and even spark, although 1 plug was much warmer than the other. One plug was also more black looking than the other. I put a brand new CDI box on that has the new attached plug wires thinking that would help but it didn't (actually seemed worse). It seemed to idle okay but then it died down. I am able to restart it though asap. The other sled had to have a new CDI box because the wires were broken and it's one unit...that one is still opened up because I am trying to get the flywheel off because it had grass in it from mice. This is my first season owning this particular pair of sleds. I think the previous owner left them sitting outside all of last year... Any help or suggestions would GREATLY, GREATLY appreciated!!!:dunno:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I resolved my Polaris Indy Issue

Okay, after reading thru some posts on here I pulled the carbs and they were full of crap again (I just cleaned them!) so then I checked the fuel lines and found they had a lot of dry rot on the inside. I put new lines in. My second issue I think was the new CDI box...I think definitely there is something wrong with it and it was defective. I just got it in the mail yesterday! I swapped out the other CDI box from my other Polaris Indy 340 and it ran great. Hopefully I will be able to exchange the defective CDI box for a different one so I can get my other sled up and running.:rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts