Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions on a good helmet. I bought a new red '03 f5. I want something decent, would be a plus if it matched my sled. Any ideas on cost?

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
i am a cat rider but i bought a bombardier modular, can;t wait to try it out, i used one once and it was just awesome, you can get em in black and decal em if ya want
i tihnk i paid 380 canadian

·
Registered
69 Posts
i looked at a few helmets, and i went with the bombardier modular and its really nice.. the built in tinted sun visor is awesome and the breath evac system works great...

ben

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I bought a Zeus modular last season. I absolutely love it. Lots of accessories available for it, and it only cost around $100 new!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would spend a few extra dollars and purchase the CAT TXI helmet. Not only do that look great but fit fantastic as well. They don't fog nearly as easy as others.

Wacky

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Wacky174 said:
I would spend a few extra dollars and purchase the CAT TXI helmet. Not only do that look great but fit fantastic as well. They don't fog nearly as easy as others.

Wacky
I was quite surprised to find that Zeus has all kinds of different pads offered. So, if you have a fat head (or a skinny one) or a big chin, cheeks (think "facial" cheeks here), etc. - you just buy the pads to fit your helmet. They have a dozen or so different pads. I have yet to see any other manufacturer offer so many custom fit choices - especially on such an inexpensive helmet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Last year I bought that new Bombardier BV2S helmet, it rocks, I loved it. It is a bit expensive though, but you should be able to pick one up on Ebay at quite a savings over MSRP. It only comes in black and silver.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Last weekend I bought 2 Arctic Cat TXI hlemets for $50.00 each at the Snow Show in Hastings, Michigan. They had the ones that went with the Firecats for $100. I just love how they fit. I would recommend you look for a local Snow Show in your area and try there first.

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
nice buy, i haven't tried on a TXi, they look good i have an older cat helmet but like i said i upgraded to the skidoo modular, wow i can;t wait till the snow flies this year, buy stuff at the snow show or in the offseason.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
sesnopro said:
A 100 dollar helemet for a hundred dollar head.
Cute quote, but I believe it is highly ignorant...

Tell us what the differences are [in safety], between a $100 helmet that has undergone Snell and DOT certifications, and a $400 helmet that has undergone Snell and DOT certifications.

I still prefer my $100 Zeus modular over my $260 Bell full-face. The Zeus is lighter, fits better, and has the flip-up chin bar.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
The original quote was from Bell back in the late 70's to early 80's it was "if you have a $50 head then buy a $50 dollar helmet, If not then buy a Bell" Im just showing my age here:(

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
locky said:
The original quote was from Bell back in the late 70's to early 80's it was "if you have a $50 head then buy a $50 dollar helmet, If not then buy a Bell" Im just showing my age here:(
Yep. I remember it well. Must have worked, because the first good helmet I bought was a Bell.

In fact, I had an old, Bell, stars and stripes open-face helmet I used to ride with back in the 70's. Remember those? Mine was a red, white, and blue, glitter hemet with one of those dorky bubble shields on it. :cool:

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
One of my friends has a Zeuse helmet and when I picked it up it had a real plasticy feel and looked very cheaply built. They dont have a washalbe liner and will not last as long as a higher end helmet. I bought a shoei in 1996 and it is still like brand new and fits better than any helmet I have ever put on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have tried ski doo modular, polaris, lazer, hjc, ckk,and many others. My son bought a arctic cat TXI and never complained about cold face, fogging, etc. So a few years ago I tried his TXI a whole day on the trails. SOLD period ,its the best, most comfortable, non fogging helmet I've ever used.

We ride Arctic cats and ski doo's, I'm on a ski doo right now and I just bought a new txi , the doo modular is nothing but a hassle compared to this helmet. I have a heated sheild on it but most of the time it isnt nessecery unless its sub zero then you gotta run heat , in any helmet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts