Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. New here so thought I would drop by and say hello. My name is Dave, Im from Ontario. Fairly new to the snowmobile world. I have only owned 2 sleds. My last one was a 76 Olympic 340, and now I just picked up a 91 Indy Classic 500 last night.

You will probably see me posting a lot as I learn about this machine. I bought a Parts and Service manual last night so that should help a bit. Hope to learn lot's and share stories of fun times out on the trails and in the fields. Anyone know where I can find a factory owners manual for a 91 indy classic?

Have a good one,

Dave

·
Super Moderator
17,874 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I have not seen many factory repair manuals for the early Polaris sleds, but Clymer makes a more generic one for Polaris that does a pretty good job of covering 1990-1995. It's worth the price, you can find it online at most bookstores or at snowmobile parts places.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome to the club

I'm also new to the sport and I'm frome Eastern Ontario Ottawa valley where there is not much snow. :mad:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey BC_Dan. I have a manual for it. Downloaded one last night, Paid for it. It is 85-95 Factory Service Manual for all the indy's. I was more looking for the owners manual that would have come with the sled. you know that tells you what everything does, that kinda thing.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the club

I'm also new to the sport and I'm frome Eastern Ontario Ottawa valley where there is not much snow. :mad:
Ottawa Valley and no snow? that seems odd this time of year. Well I am more Central Ontario. Kingston/Belleville area. I have 2 feet in my fields lol. Sleds are out non-stop here. So thought I would join the club! lol. My fields back onto the OFSC trails so I don't even have to trailer up to get on and go

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you look at the OFSC trail guide you will notice that none of our trails are open yet. the weather man are a buch of [email protected]#ters thy promised 15Cm for yesterday we got a whole 2cm we probably have a total of 10Cm right now on the ground and the fields are still not rideable but some of the guys are out making it worse!

My place also backs onto farmers fields and a river that interconnects with the trails.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LMAO, we just keep getting snow left right and center. Got a nice 3cm of fresh snow last night. snowing out again right now, its great, and calling for 10-15 again on friday!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Send some this way :cheeky4:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well I did my first ever trip Last Saturday and I did 102 Km or 65miles and it was a blast.

Going out again tomorrow as we had a nice snow storm yesterday and it dumped a good amount of snow.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got just over 600Km under my belt so far, I was out this past Friday early in the morning rode for 8 hours put 400Km and man did I have a good time it was a lot better than the last time I was out and my fan belt busted :(

Unfortunately they are calling for rain for this Thursday-Friday :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts