Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not exactly frustrated here but wondering what I'm not looking at or doing wrong.

I'm trying to take off the little unit on the motor that the reed (do we have reeds in these motors) unit or (insert proper name) is located. would like to remove the clutch unit assembly but thats proving to be smarter then i am.

and here's the pics

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
not exactly clear on your question. pic 1 is a clutch minus cover. pic 2 is the oil pump. pic 3 is where the manifolds for the carbs should be, although the confuguration doesnt appear right. what sled? the vent is your pulse line connection, should lead back to the fuel pump.

just a stab at it, your trying to figure out how to remove the spider from the clutch, or access the bushings between it and the movable sheave? you need special tools and a certain amount of knowhow.

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
to get the clutch off the motor you need a clutch puller for that sled.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok on the left... I'm aware of the puller shaft so were good on the getting the clutch off

The oil pump was what I though was the reed assembly. thx... thats what I'm trying to remove. You can see some sections of it are broke off or maybe you cant but there's a couple of vent tubes that are broken so i was going to replace it with the one on the 410.

Good to know about the vent thx.

This motor in perticular is the 337cc with a block casting 8G800 and Y-2 all within the same area. VIN is on the other side of the block.

Regardless I take delivery of the sled tomorrow and the seized 410 is in my minivan outside untill I revamp my 4x4 closet which houses everything. Gotta love motor work in an apartment lol.

Will be dropping off everything at the local shop but am trying to deal with some of the little things to save some coin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts