Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to forum, I searched high and low for an answer to this question all previous questions seemed to be answered years ago and not with a great solution. A lot has changed in the battery game in the last 5 years or so. Currently in the market for a portable battery to power helmet shield. I might be the worlds biggest idiot but how is this…

Any different than this?!

Talentcell Rechargeable 12V 6000mAh/5V 12000mAh DC Output Lithium ion Battery Pack for LED Strip and CCTV Camera, Portable Li-ion Power Bank with Charger, Black https://a.co/d/bTjRHAC

Both seems to be 12v 6k mah, I’m not super techy but seems to me the math is the same. I understand possibly a difference in quality but regardless the Talentcell gets excellent reviews and can be afforded 4.25x over on the ckx.

I am riding an older sled right now before I snow check a new one for next season, so I only need this temporarily and thought I can use it for other things in the future as well or lending to buddies if needed or on my ATV on some spring/fall rides. Anyone find any fault in my logic? I’m currently running 509 R3L ignite helmet, I had it wired to my battery and it worked excellent, however I sold the sled and the current ride doesn’t have a battery.

· Registered
1,341 Posts
I’m currently running 509 R3L ignite helmet, I had it wired to my battery and it worked excellent, however I sold the sled and the current ride doesn’t have a battery.
You don't need a sled with a battery to run a heated visor. Most sleds have some sort of capped off plug/wires that are already meant for this, otherwise you can always find a source somewhere.

A battery pack will work, but its one more expense, something to keep track of, and extra weight. Much easier to just have an RCA wire on your handlebars you plug in to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts