Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any suggestions for adding extra heat exchanger to tunnel on 98
zr need to eliminate front exchanger any ideas will be helpful.

thanks

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
you want to put on a deeper lug track i presume?

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
I have seen A kind of bulk head for the rear of the tunnel, but I cant rember who makes it. Dont stop your serch it is out there.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i picked up a sled for my wife and front heat exchanger is beyond
repair i just thought one of you cat guys might have come up with something, nice of cat to make exchanger part of the bulkhead.
i was thinking i could cut it out and put a rivited one like my doo
has up front. sled has never overheated with that exchanger bypassed(ride with the previous owner and know sled) just wanted to have more insurance with wife riding.

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
ok, i have seen kits for polaris Rmk's, its just like a little panel that tapped into the back, where you would mount it im not sure, because i do believe it was for long tracks and there was a spot at the back. You could also just look for something similar to yur doo(rivetted) and retro fit to fit b/w the 2 exchangers in the back.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if it was the older tunnel and not ett i would just put a doo tunnel
exchanger and be done with it but i was thinking i could get 2 more
of what is up there now and just change the plumbing a little.
like i stated before it has never overheated but with wife riding
slower than previous owner i am just overly concerned, don;t want any problems that could hamper the wifes enjoyment. will be her first year on a sled by herself, don't want to disappoint her.

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
that would probly work, probly work good, your not plainning to pick it are you?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no picks here, i am one of thoses riders that despise studding, how ever am looking real close at those "ice claw" tracks from camoplast, they look pretty slick, just trying to decide whether to
put a ice claw on the mxz and puttin' the doo track on cat, decisions,decisions

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
haha im not a studder either, whats on your mxz for a track?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1" lug good shape but i want to 136" track the mxz for a little off
trail fun, saw a ice claw at the big east show, had 4500 miles looked almost like new very interested in those tracks. advantages of studs without the bad side effects case in point heat exchanger. just deciding what i want to doo.again, decisions,decisions.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
found the answer to my problem, there is a co. i found on the net
that makes "U" shaped coolers to replace current system and uses the same holes in bulkhead for hoses. a little pricey but cheaper than a burnt motor. $400.00 U.S. twice the capacity of
original set-up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts