Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Live To Ride
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hellooooo.

I was window shopping online the other day for some sled parts, but found something of particular interest for my race sled.

I found a vent system that replaces the headlights, called Fire and Ice intake or something, anyway here's the link

2005-2010 Extreme Headlight Air Intake - Air Intakes

I'd buy it in a heartbeat.. but of course they dont make it for the edge chassis.

I've looked around and cant really find anything of interest the closest i found was a vent that replaces it, but not an actual intake system.

Polaris Edge Hood Vent Kit

Anyone seen anything that I'm looking for? I'd gladly buy a vent piece for it but the one from the link is for their hood not the original edge hood..

thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
IMO If it requires no remapping then it is not getting anymore air/fuel then stock into chambers.
IMO you want something like on sport bike with ram air intakes that act like a poor mans turbo.
Correct me if I am wrong but ram air overpressurized the air box "raming" the air into the chambers. Thus taking more fuel with it... Faster you go more power you make...

·
Hank Scorpio
112 Posts
They both seem cool. The second one looks like it could be easily made with some gutter mesh. Probably wouldn't look bad and cheap too!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts