Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been sledding in the Hayward area since '79. Great area, great people. If I could find a good job there I would probably move there and set up a homestead (that's if I can get the wife to move). I have two trips planned there already for this year.
Must mean I like it there.

·
Registered
329 Posts
My buddies mom has a cabin up there. Until this year she never new me "that well."
I have broken down the barrier at a friends wedding, so hopefull I will be invited up this year!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I will be up in hayward before christmas if theres snow...LOL. Ill be the guy with the yellow skidoo jacket in a constant wheelie due to a bad choice in clutching...lol

·
Registered
275 Posts
Is there snow there yet? Shows in the forecast, hopefully the man aint teasin...lol Goin there christmas for a week, hate to drag the sled up there for mud-drags.

·
Registered
177 Posts
hayward

happen to live in hayward. had about 6 inches on the ground a week ago, but there's only about 2in. left do to rain and melting. any of you guys that come here, ever get to winterfest on lake hayward? usually the first weekend of feb. drags on sat. and speed runs on sun. some really fast sleds. have a web site, it's
winterfest.net

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have a cabin in WEBSTER. We are going riding with Dick Decker the last week in december over in eagle river. How is the snow there?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Buddy just rode in Eagle last weekend and i guess if his work schedule works out hes goin there again this weekend. Last week there was 8inch dropped so must be somethin goin on there.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Michigan City Indiana, 26"...drool... must be nice. It seems nowadays the southern states get swamped. Last year was going to go to Tennessee just to sled.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Any snow in hayward? Got family there but unable to contact. Maybe they have so much snow it knocked out the phonelines or their in canada,retired so they can, and havin too much fun to phone home.

·
Registered
177 Posts
got about 1 1/2 - 2 in. of sleet last night. other than that there's about 4 inches. seeing alot of sled on trailers in town. not sure if there going somewhere else though. supposed to have speedruns coming up the 15th. of jan. at nelson lk. landing , out side of hayward about 5-7 miles. open to the public. so bring your sleds and see what they'll do in a 1000ft. of ice. i'll be there.

·
Registered
275 Posts
OOOO, my bro wanted to go next weekend to visit his ma in hayward, i think i might just go with. Ill be the only guy there almost flippin over on takeoff, i mastered it over time by laying over the hood with an extro 50lbs of lead under the hood...lol

·
Registered
177 Posts
well if you happen to get here, i'm usually the starter guy. we run a porta-tree timing system. it's the 15th. of jan. 1000ft. runs. 3 runs for $10

·
Registered
275 Posts
I heard hayward trails are closed and ladysmith. ice is formed but seems we had more snow in southern wisconsin than northern and the trails are trashed here except kenosha which got and extra 4 inches today but will be gone tomarrow or thursday.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm in Shell Lake.
According to travelwisconsin.com, the trails are not oifficially open can be ridden at your own risk. I was out last night and the groomer had been over the trail. I'm under the assumption that they are open if the groomer has been on them.
Looks like 3-6" of snow in the next day. Getting better with each passing day.
Dman

1 - 19 of 19 Posts