Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone attempted to customize their headlight assembly by painting the inside of them? i did it to my tundra and i think it looks 500x better. just curious if anyone has attempted this yet? the first pic below is a random i found online. this is what it looks like before paint, and the 2nd & 3rd pics are mine after i painted them

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know guys that do it with Fords. Put the light into the oven, break the seal, paint, reseal.
right....thats what i did with the lights in my tundra. i just dont want to be the guinea pig on the sled! id like to see if someone else got it to work

·
Registered
537 Posts
I don't have any pics of it but I did it to my old 580 though and me and friends have done it to many cars to, on my 580 I jus did the outside of the lens u take clear coat and put a little dash of whatever color paint u want in mix it then coat until you get your desired tint

Sent from my US740 using SnowMobile App

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have any pics of it but I did it to my old 580 though and me and friends have done it to many cars to, on my 580 I jus did the outside of the lens u take clear coat and put a little dash of whatever color paint u want in mix it then coat until you get your desired tint

Sent from my US740 using SnowMobile App
yeah, thats smoking the whole exterior of the light. i dont want to do that.... i want to leave the lenses clear....

·
Registered
41 Posts
On my old car, I went the lazy way and just bought aftermarket black headlights, though they were an upgrade (one piece halo projectors)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts