Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 340 sprint. the skis are messed up in front but it runs good any ski suggestion

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
oh.... well, i'd try to find plastic skis for it. they are much lighter and nice. if you are looking for new skis, that is...

from what i've gathered, just about everyone has their own opinion on what the best ski on here is. all i can say is as long as you dont get a red AC set, you should be fine. i dunno what would fit that sled though, sorry...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i put a pic up in the new memeber forum under hi every it has my polaris and yamaha thanks skiidoo

·
Registered
427 Posts
Your Sprint is basically an SS with a 340 engine instead of a 440. I think almost any leaf sprung polaris ski and probably others with go on your sled.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Hello...
I have a polaris sprint 340. I inherited it in 1998. I rode it a few times and am trying to fix it up now. Its a 1987. Its kinda beat up and needs TLC. It seems like a little screamer though. I cant seem to find any specs for this thing and dont know anyone else that has one. I can take pics of anything you want to see, like the ski's. I have several other sleds and will compare any parts you may have to buy. I'd like to see your pic of the sled but im new here. The weirdest thing about mine is that there is no chaincase. The 2nd clutch is connected right to the track.
Please tell me more about yours and I will try to help.
Thanks
Vic

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey vic ya um sure i have pics. i cant link um for some reason but go find the thread Hi every one ith a attachment and go to the sprint attachment to see it

·
Registered
455 Posts
Viktory2k1, That type of sled is very similar to an older model that polaris made, it was a direct drive. I think it was either centurion or the galaxy..can not remember.

If you could take a pic of the passenger side...I would love to see the speedo and brake assembly...I have one that I'm thinking of restoring. I got mine for free. I'm not sure what yr it is. I'm thinking its an 87. not 100%.

The reason that there is no chaincase is because its thought that by eliminating the case, they (polaris) can get more power to the track without having a chain and gears. this gives it a 1:1 drive ratio, instead of going thru the gears which gives it anywhere from 2.5:1 to 1.15:1 ratio.

plus without the chaincase, there are less moving parts that can fail. but if a bearing does fail...its going to wreak havic on the bulkhead of the sled...which is what happened to mine.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Polaris Sprints

Greetings Viktory2k1,

Have you had any luck in fixing up your Polaris Sprint? If not would you be willing to sell her? I'm almost done with my project sled but I need the rear suspension out of another sprint.

I see your located in WIS, where abouts?

email me @ [email protected] or call me @ (715)765-4638

Thanks,
David

PolarisBlood

1 - 11 of 11 Posts