Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, so to make things short i have a 2006 ski doo mxz 600 ho sdi and the problem i am having is when its cold it takes about 10 - 15 cranks to fully start (and usualy sdi sleds are like 2 crank pulls) so i took it to the dealer and they just said that my egt had gone bad but from what i know the egt should not affect the sled on start up.

·
Super Moderator
16,914 Posts
If the egt was sending a signal to the computer that the engine was hot when it was cold, the computer would not allow the injectors to give more fuel on cold startup. It could definitely cause a hard starting problem. Aren't computers wonderful. Sigh.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for youre input, at first i was just planning on putting a resistor on it to clear the code but i geuss i should put the 350cad into a new sensor or is there any aftermarket options that run cheaper?

·
Super Moderator
16,914 Posts
I'm not a skidoo guy, but most sled manufacturers sell so few sleds compared to cars, there's not much of a market in the aftermarket. I would google the part number and see what's available. You may be able to find one cheaper than the dealer...

Good luck! I hate electronic issues. You can't see things moving, which makes it really difficult to diagnose and repair.

·
Super Moderator
16,914 Posts
could also be a fuel pressure issue on an EFI sled. Or any of a bunch of marginal sensors that the EFI sleds have. Unless you have a Skidoo scan tool, it's really difficult to troubleshoot the sensors...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
today i changed the cts and my sled is now a one pull instead of a 13 haha it even has the high idle when cold feature also for now ive just put a resistor on the egt because aperantly they always break and arent that usefull

1 - 7 of 7 Posts