Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 89 570 Yamaha Exciter that I rebuilt top end last year with electric start.My problem is my battery wont hold a charge so I tried to pull start it but after a number of pulls I gave up and threw the charger on the battery & it started no problem,then once it is warm it will pull start on the first time. So then I let it sit for say 6 hrs. and again it dont want to pull start, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
twins rule!
370 Posts
sounds like your chokes are not working right,with the engine cold put a shot of gas in each plug hole install plugs if it starts on the first or second pull your chokes are not engageing all the way.

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
choke cables and adjustments are a good start. i have seen that 2 into 1 cable set up only pull one carb or neither carb on many occasions. also used to have alot of issues with the needles and seats. although the overflow tubes didnt indicate it, it was like after sitting for an extended period the bowls would drain and you had to pull like crazy to refill them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
They are real easy to get out... usually lol.

You dont have to remove the carbs or anything, just unscrew the largest nut on the choke cable attached to the carb (size 12 I think) and they should come out, be careful not to loose the spring though. They make sure they are clean and slide up and down easily as well as the cable is actually pulling them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts