Snowmobile Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ohm the wires out and report back what they are. You will need to disconnect them of course for those readings. Do both sides and I bet you figure out the issue once you do.

Steve
Just did that and the one side that isn't working didn't show up at all and the side that is working did. Is there some way to fix the broken element or do I need to just buy a new one?

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I owned an XLT and had several friends that owned them. One hand warmer always failed on them... It was poor solder connections right at the element that was the cause. Cheaper and easier to just replace them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I owned an XLT and had several friends that owned them. One hand warmer always failed on them... It was poor solder connections right at the element that was the cause. Cheaper and easier to just replace them.
I have a good amount of experience soldering, is it even worth trying to fix the connections or just take the $60 bullet?

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
$60?? Wow, they've gone up in price. Last set I bought was just $15 for the handlebar wraps. They have off-low-high settings too.

I don't recommend the whole grip replacement. I bought a set for my old Touring E and the grips are really uncomfortable and interfere with the throttle from going wide open. They do get hot though.

You can try soldering. My experience has shown it doesn't last very long. I think the issue is the very thin wires.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts