Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How tall can I go without having to replace cables and wireing on my 96 XCR- SP and how hard are they to put on?

·
Registered
89 Posts
you will be safe up to 4" riser....about a 15 min of your time and a couple 7/16" wrenches will get it done:thumbsup:
Dont mean to hijack the thread, but Bahnn, how tall of risers can I get on a 1993 Polaris Storm SKS without extensions and plenty of turning room?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
We just put a 3" on my son's 2000 XP SP, and it's as high as he would want to go. He's 6'1". I'm not so sure that wires wouldn't have to be spliced to go to 4" on that particular sled.

·
Live To Ride
194 Posts
Yep when I put just a 3" block on my Edge 800 I had to unplug my heaters to fit it.. But I dont have trails anyways so I dont need warmth. I just recently ordered a 4" block with a pivoter from powermadd because the angle of the steering post is ridiculous on my sled. needed a brake line for anything taller than 4

·
Registered
89 Posts
So I would be positively safe with a 3" riser block without any brake, throttle, or choke cable extensions on a 93 Storm SKS?

I'm 6' 4" and the stock low bars are killing my back. I want to get 4", but think 3" to be safe and have no tugging or stretching of the cables.

Any people on the forums sell them for cheap? or makes risers themselves to sell?

Also: will I have to reroute everything when installing risers?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm 6'3" and I want to use 4" but I think I'll use 3" just to be sure of no hassels with electrical or cables.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Good cheap riser can be made out of hockey pucks. Buy 4, and if it won't take 4, use 3. They're like $2 a piece. You'll need to get 5" bolts for 3.

·
2002 Yamaha SXViper 700
522 Posts
hah...yeah i was going to make my own out of pucks but i couldnt find any bolts the right size and length...the bolts on my sled are threaded into my steering post...the most i could get is 2"..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts