Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
simy03
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Fusion 600 HO, does anyone know how big of a handlebar riser I can put on before I have to extend my cables? Any info would be great!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think usually 2-3" is max. for most sleds. Really all you have to do is unbolt the handlebars and see how far they will lift. Keep a little slack.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Just put a 3" on my son's XC. Wires would probably need to be spliced to go to 4". My ZR has a 2" on it, and a 3" would work; I'd need to extent the brake and throttle lines for higher.

·
simy03
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in Northfield

·
TRH- Troll Raising Hell
6,133 Posts
I see. I was able to put a 6 inch riser on my sled but it made the brake line a smidge too tight. I extended it with a custom made steel line I made at the shop. You should be able to put a 3-4 without any issues.

·
simy03
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What's the difference between the pivoting riser like you have for sale and just the square block riser like power madd sells?

·
TRH- Troll Raising Hell
6,133 Posts
The square block does not allow you to adjust the angle of the riser so it will push it out at the same angle your steering post plate is. Mine you can put at any angle.

·
simy03
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JheLrey-

thanks for the info

·
Registered
40 Posts
I see. I was able to put a 6 inch riser on my sled but it made the brake line a smidge too tight. I extended it with a custom made steel line I made at the shop. You should be able to put a 3-4 without any issues.
When you did the steel line did you put it on the bottom or the top. Also did the Throttle cable reach or did you get a longer one. I have a 2001 RMK I have a three inch extended post and I'm going to put a 4 inch angled riser on top of that so 7 total. Just want to have everything in order to pull it apart and put it back together fairly quickly.
I did just put the 4 in angled riser on my wifes 2000 with stock post had to tweak the brake line a little to make sure I was good and not over extending it when turning. But everything else was fine.

·
TRH- Troll Raising Hell
6,133 Posts
Steel line at the caliper. You have to buy a 1/4 inch line, cut it in half, double flare it, get a brass coupler, and then connect the old to the new and bleed. I can take pics when I have a moment.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would be interested in seeing pictures of any mods done in the department.

I will be doing this in te next week so some ideas would be nice.

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts