Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SD Rider
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of them? I think I'm gonna get a set for my Durango, which is a 99. A buddy of mine has them on his F-150 but I haven't ridden with him much at night to know how they do. Are they much brighter than factory headlights? Even if they're only AS bright as factory, I'd still like to get them because I like the look of them with a black vehicle.

·
TRH- Troll Raising Hell
6,133 Posts
Let me put it this way... Your speeding in traffic, cop gets you on laser for speeding and notices your headlights. He looses you in traffic for a moment as he is trying to catch up. Passes you and looks in his rear-view mirror and sees the lights...

No identifier, hard to stop not knowing if it is for-surly you. LEDs anywhere, HIDS, etc are all identifiers that most cars don't have.

Get what I am saying yo

·
SD Rider
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Understandable, but I try my best to not do anything in a vehicle to get pulled over. It's been working pretty good for me so far. My friends say I drive like a grandpa, but I don't care. Insurance is expensive enough as is. Other than the identifier factor, have you used them or ridden in a vehicle with them?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Had them in my grand prix as well as some buddies they look cool Ya especially if you wire the halo rings into your blinkers and running lights so there on sell the time and blink with your flashers. Mine sucked though as well as my buddies the brackets always broke then they would bounce up and down when u hit a bump. I almost got my [email protected]$ kicked one time because a guy thought I was flashing him, he whipped his car around in the road and then followed me to Casey's and came after me.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Snowmobile.com App

·
SD Rider
4,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only thing really keeping me from them is my fog lights which I always turn on, which have just regular bulbs, and I don't really want to spend the money for halo fog lights, and I'm not really sure they even make them. It'd look kinda funny with those halo lights and fog lights that match the factory lights.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Put some high intensity blue bulbs in your frogs we always ran stock lowlights with our halos and It looked fine and yes they do make halo frogs for certain vehicles

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Snowmobile.com App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts