Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Nicely done! My only suggestion would be to ditch the steel skis with skins and go plastic well that and studs if you plan on running the trails. You will lose 20-30lbs off the front end making it turn 100 times better and it will not feel as "heavy" turning it. It makes a world of a difference!

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
You can do the upgrade now. A cheap but really nice option would be the Camoplast trail skis with 6" of carbides for when you do studs. All told figure around 250 with the skis, mounting kit and carbides as they use carbides from certain year Ski-Doos and Polaris Machines. There is a local place that sells them on eBay you could email them make sure that they have the kit you need for those year snowmobiles and get them while you can since stock is so hit and miss. I have a set of the trail skis on both my Polaris snowmobiles and the difference was so dramatic all more then 10-12 years ago I thought I was driving a completely new snowmobile.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Bah tell the wife it will be a worthwhile upgrade that makes it easier on her to steer and enjoy snowmobiling. And tbh it is everything I said in the previous sentence,lol. Remember a happy wife means you don't sleep on the couch that night!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts