Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just getting into snowmobiles. I decided to get a used sled but I had no idea how to evaluate sleds. Fortunately I found this site and the link to the video on youtube.com describing how to buy a used sled. I find a lot of the info on this site very helpful and just wanted to say thanks.

I have looked everywhere and have not been able to find an owners manual. It is a 1992 Polaris Indy Touring Deluxe. I will get a shop manual at some point but I wanted to start with the owners manual first. Maybe I really do not need both and if so will the shop manual suffice?

·
Super Moderator
17,919 Posts
I was able to find manuals for my 1990 Indy and my 1997 RMK on Ebay, just keep looking. They come up from time to time. I don't know of any place that will have them, it's really hit and miss. The manual is nice, it gives you some setup info for the carbs and suspension that makes your ride a lot nicer and really shortens the learning curve. Some of the info is covered in the generic manuals such as the Clymer's manual. The Clymer manual will help you a lot with engine and driveline issues, not so much for the specifics of your sled. It also covers a lot of general info on how a snowmobile works, it's definitely nice to have to get you started.

Welcome to the forum!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts