Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to mount a GPS on my 600 EFI Pantera.

Great for:
- marking trails
- logging miles/time
- speed checks
- orienteering
- getting lost

Any recommedations?

Turkeyman

·
Registered
15 Posts
with a gps you get what you pay for.
the cheap units are just that.
the best gps value wise for sledding is the garmin 76s.
it also has a trail map download.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Get one with a 12 volt adaptor to save on battery life... and use it in your truck on the way to work, to get groceries etc. until you are intimate with all the functions of your model. Then enjoy, they are amazing.

·
Polaris All The Way!!!
657 Posts
if i were u i would get one for a car. That way u can use it there as well. You will need to maybe modify the mount to make it a little more sturdy and waterproof it. (Zip Loc bag works great with the touchscreen.)

·
Registered
477 Posts
we have a garmin 200 somthing and it works great. the great plus side, is that you can plug it into a sled via the 12v outlet, plus you can use it in the car, plus it logs your top speed, avg speed, mpg, stopped time, traveled distance, and you can download icons, and you can get trail maps i believe and even lakes and rivers are detailed with depth and such. the thing i like about ours, is that you can even put your SD memory card into it to look at photos, say from a trail camera

·
Registered
151 Posts
Does anybody here have their GPS mounted to view it while riding or just keep it in your pocket? If anybody has it mounted, how do they handle the cold temps?

·
Registered
9 Posts
garmin etreks are good

·
Registered
2 Posts
New GPS

I just bought a Garmin Oragon 450T for my sled. Just started riding last winter. I think it will be great. Still looking to down load some maps for it. I know there are some free ones, but I want all of the POI on the map also. Any suggestions??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts