Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here with a question. We just picked up a 2010 RS Venture GT for our cabin in north MN. Next time up there I'm taking the sled by trail about 80 miles to a friends cabin for an annual snowmobile weekend.

First time one most of these trails between cabins, so I'll be trusting my Garmin 60csx to get me there. What would be a good mount for the GPS? I thought of this after my folks took the sled north, so I have no idea what size the handlebar is.

Thanks for the help!

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
I happenned to have a tank map bag, so I just slide mine in the map portion.... But theres RAM mounts and a lot of other similar types.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I used to mount my Magellan on the handle bar with bicycle mount, (bought it on ebay) but the cold air and vibration used to mess with the screen. After about an hour of riding the screan was almost unreadible until the unit got warm again. I find that the batteries last longer if I have it in my breast pocket, due to body heat. I dont find it to be a big deal to pull it out when i get to an intersection and see what way to go.

·
Super Moderator
18,335 Posts
Here's a link to Kilroy's Ram Mount for his Garmin Rino, you can buy multiple bases and move the unit from the car to the snowmobile to the ATV to the what ever with ease. I use the pocket method, but the Ram Mount is nice :)

Time for a new GPS

Scroll down the page to see pics of his mount.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts