Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I Just recently pulled my sled in the garage from riding one day to come out and find oil leaking on the floor. Well I found it to be coming from the chain case. I replaced the gasket, still leaks, Checked for other places that it could be and couldnt find anything. What could this be? the drive shaft seal seems to be find. what else is there? Oh yeah, The drain plug also seems fine becuase it is leaking into the bell pan. I dont think this would happen if it were the drain plug.

Also I just purchased some of the sportech hand gaurds. Well I Proceded with instaling them and then realized that I should have checked the clearance with the hood. And well, the hood will not open or close with the hand gaurds on there.:( I have a 95 xcr 600, is there anyone out here that has the handgaurds on thier standard gen polaris? If so please help me out.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I did not throw or beak the chain. I think I solved the problem though. The way the cover goes on the chaincase is very confusing. You have to like squeeze it down on the bottom, and when that was happening I think the gasket was dislodging.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts