Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
MY boss just bought a new sled and is thinking of selling his old one.
ITs a 97 or 96 Artic Cat Wildcat ZR (?) 700 double ( its fuel injected).
IT only has 3500 trail miles on it.
Im thinking its a steal at only 1200$
Heres a few things i noticed

-It starts on the second pull after its been sitting for a few days
-the only thing i can see thats wrong with it is were the exhaust comes out of the head, theres oil stains, like its seaping out. What causes this?
-track looks to be in excellent condtion
-one ski has a small chunk missing, my boss says it doesnt affect stearing or handling at all

This is a honest guy.
He also told me that the dealer was going to give him 2000$ in trade in for the sled, but didnt trade it in b/c i expressed extreme interest in it
Im either going to buy this sled or get a new one for next year. Considering just about any sled is a step up from my current one (74 el tigre air cooled)
Is this a deal or not...

what do you guys think

thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sounds like a deal to me .The oil leak at the block is a normal occurence.Ive seen sled with only a few hundred miles on them having that leak.Its an ez fix.Just take it apart an add high temp silicone and problem solved .

·
Registered
323 Posts
Sounds like a good deal. For that price I wouldnt complain if it needed some repair. But I do Highly doubt he could get $2000 for trade in. He might be able to sell it for that amount, but trade in is "always" ridiculously less than you would be willing to give a sled up for unless you have lots of money and don't care.

·
Registered
101 Posts
That does sound like pretty good deal. Like catlover said the exhaust leak is nothing major and is easily fixed. BTW it is a 96 Wildcat 700 because there was no 700 twin made in 97 and no ZR 700 in 96. Just make sure that you always have a good battery because if the battery goes bad you have a no-go sled.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heres another question, who would i go to in the midwest region to get a mild performance re-build done on this thing. I want this thing to scream, but i dont think it will take much as im use to a old eltigre free air sled

thanks

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'd keep it stock. i poured alot of money into my zrt600 makin it go fast and it is for a '97, BUT The chassis is still dated and any new 600 class sled sould be able to beat me. Thats why the lead sled sits and i ride the firecat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts