Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going on a trip to either the UP or to northern canada. I have given my sled a brief goign over and replaced carbides, is there anything else that I should do to prepare it for the 1200 miles it will be driven? THanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
check all bolts in the skid for tightness, check bearings in idler wheels, check driveshaft bearing (lots of grease), track tension, those are the things that come to mind off the top

·
Registered
323 Posts
check all the bolts on the suspension and make sure there all tight. check you're hy-fax's to make sure there still good,check you're belt and make sure you bring spares. and bring extra plugs

·
Registered
271 Posts
Make sure your sled dosn't already have 5000 miles on it.....heh heh.................You should check the bearings in the "boogies" If your sled has a lot of miles on it already, don't want them to seize and burn up your track

·
Registered
16 Posts
check for loose bolts , change plugs , put on a new belt and bring a new spair. greese everythuing.we do 600-800 mile trips every other weekend.
If ya can , look in mags and get phone #s for all repair shops and hotels in area as when probs arise you may be 120 miles away from that days original destination at 10 pm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts