Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a two parter. My first Phazer, acts like its conjested at about 10-15mph. But if you nail the throttle or increase a little it seems to clear up. In fact I was riding around and nailed it going down the road, I let up at about 65mph, no problem. But just fartin around the yard it wants to cough at low speed, but idles fine. I think its just an adjustment but not sure??

The second part. Phazer two, acted as though the spark was weak, and went in and out of power. I shut it down, checked a few things, wires all looked good, now won't start. I did a check with volt meter. I don't get a reading from flywheel (black & white/red) If I had to guess I would say its the original coil, and the sled is a 86. So am I likely facing a coil job? A dead battery would not affect how a sled runs would it? I'm saying no, but not 100 percent. Oh, and we're getting lake affect snow right now in South Bend. I just thought you guys would like to know that. Calling for 5-9 tonight.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Just wondering if you got your phazers fixed, heard you got 25" of lake effect in south bend. I don't know for sure about your problems on the second phazer, but I have heard the batteries effect some other sleds.

·
Registered
315 Posts
with your first phazer , if i remember right that problem is a partial clogged port in the
inlet of the carb . there are three passages on the side , make sure they are cleaned .
blow them out with compressed air.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well on the one phazer I went ahead and ordered a new coil from Dennis kirk, in fact just going to replace both source and lighting. They are, I'm sure the originals. It makes since if I'm going to open up the fywheel may as well replace both. Price wasn't bad, and should have by wednesday.

The other phazer got worse. I could smell raw fuel in compartment. Something was stuck or possibly frozen. Choke,floats, something sending too much fuel. I held hand down over exhaust port and heavy on the gas. So I pulled carbs and they are soaking as we speak. Also replaced fuel lines, old and brittle, and really too short. Never really much room to move around when I needed to remove for cleaning. So By the end of this week should have both phazers and my four wheeler back together and ready to ride.

Oh and we got hammered friday and saturday I have about 24 inchs of snow in my yard, which is nice because we can ride just about any place.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok...update. One phazer back on the trail. Cleaned carbs and replaced fuel lines. Runs great! Still waiting on parts for 4 wheeler and third phazer. Dissasembly was a pain in my butt, to get to the coils. I wasn't thinking about the wheel for the electric start. I had to take more off than I was expecting. Oh well. Its all part of the sport.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts