Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a 85 formula sp 470 twin liquid cooled with single carb, has foam air filter and twin decker pipes with stingers, whants more power for the sled, ive heard people putting 583 or 670 top ends on the 470 lower end is this posible, anyone know which year would fit? will the pipes match up the same or now, any input is helpful thanx

·
SD Rider
4,337 Posts
Either drop in a bigger motor, or you could run a dual carb setup instead of a single and gain quite a bit by doing that. If you decide to put larger jugs/pistons on your 470 bottom end, it might be cheaper to just find a whole new motor. A 583 in that sled would flat out rip.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if i run the dual carb setup do i gotta change that rotary thing that spins in the engine? or just change the plate get two carbs a fuel pump and throttle cables? i want to clutch it but i can find one, shop says bring sled in and they will make me one

·
SD Rider
4,337 Posts
Rotary thing that spins in the engine? To run a dual carb setup (assuming the sled is a normal 2 cylinder config) you will probably need to buy a fuel pump that will send fuel to both carbs, the appropriate intake components, and a throttle and choke cable to accommodate both carbs. All in all, I'd say the conversion would run you around $100, but you would gain quite a bit in performance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts