Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 91 Indy 500SP and recently changed the coolant. I have had the sled running w/ the cap pressure relieve valve open and coolant between the min and max mar in the resvoir. Now the manual said this should relieve any air that is in the system, but I keep getting tiny bubbles through the hose that runs from the coolant neck back to the resivor. When I shut the pressure valve on the cap and let it run for a few min, then open the valve back up I keep getting air. I have had it running doing this for about 45 min, what gives? Is the tiny air bubbles spusto be there? Not to many at idle, but gets more as you rev it. Anyone run into this before?

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Didd you lift the front of the sled up to get the air out of the heat exchangers under the tunnel? That usually helps, but if it isn't overheating, take it for a aride to get it flowing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i had the same problem u just tip it up and down fromt and back the on the top of the head where the line goes in there a little screw the has a hole in it open that up its the bleed valve and pour in coolant until it starts coming out of the hole then run it with the cap off until it warms up then u should good just check ur level of coolant every lil while until its good

1 - 6 of 6 Posts