Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i am a certified auto mechanic so i know what i am doing to start off with. now i am looking to do some maintenance on 2 polaris sleds. already changed to plugs and gave them a once over. got one running and it was a pain with its dead battery and all the other wont start. something wrong with the starter, wont engage. any ways i am looking to find what else needs to be done to get these boys ready. any grease fittings i am likely to over look? any websites or online manuals that i can look over?

the sleds are as follows

97 polaris indy says xtra12 on the back and ifs xtra on the front. has a 3cyl engine not sure the size.

the other is a 94 indy classic with a 2cyl engine.

·
Super Moderator
16,799 Posts
Here's a link to the Polaris website, you can gain a lot of info from looking at the diagrams.

Browse

Here's another link with some specifications for your sleds

Find the ATV Polaris part or Polaris snowmobile part you need, new ,used, OEM, aftermarket and performance parts, Polaris ATV Forums

As far as grease fittings, one that is often overlooked and is on some of the sleds is low on the steering column. There could also be a few on the steering linkage inside the engine compartment under the exhaust pipe. The Polaris website I listed will also give you the location of any zerks when you look at the appropriate drawing.

In the engine/drivetrain part of the forum, there's a couple of threads on pre-season maintenance, also some manuals, maybe there will be one that can help. If those don't answer your questions, post your problem/concern here and someone will give you a shout.

Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! was looking at the polaris site. maybe its just me but i dont see the sled listed that matches what i was looking at. the indy (no listing for xtra12) shows a 2cyl. but i have a 3cyl. i also dont see a indy classic, but only a classic. not sure if maybe thats the same? there seams to be model or serial numbers so maybe that will help this sunday :dunno:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts