Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at possibly purchasing a new (left-over) 04 Polaris XC 700. I've been doing some research & have read/been told that the new edge chasis does not corner like the old/shorter Gen II chasis. Is this true that the new Edge chasis doesn't corner as flatly as the old Gen II. Is inside ski-lift an issue with the Edge?

·
Registered
323 Posts
My edge corners well. Obviously it sits a little higher, but I think it handles and rides great.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I agree, i have a gen II and my inside ski lift is nuts (i think) anyway, i think you will be happy with the edge. I have only rode one a few times, but i liked it, what little i could really notice it

dano

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I have ridden both like one after another and Edge is much better!

·
Registered
34 Posts
defineitly the edge. done deal

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a 99 XC 500 for a year and then a 200 XC 500, my dad had a 2001 XC 600 and when i would ride i hated it, i said i would never buy and edge, earlier this year i bought a 2001 XC 800, before i even rode it i had a lot of mods on it, after i rode it for a week or two i love the way it drives everywhere, mountains, trails, you name it. i can throw that thing around like nothing, i love riding it, it is a lot better than my Gen II now

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ride a 2004 Pro X 600. This is a shorter chassis than a Xcsp but pay attention..... You have to setup the weight transfer to get any suspension to work right. I don't care what make it is......If you leave it stock, your not going to get all the benefits of the suspension. Like I said ...Pro X 600 ... has to be one of the best cornering sleds ever......but has to be setup properly... Simply put.....Want to Drag------ Take the blocks right out of the back. They won't be much help anyway, your just trying to go straight and flat and fast...don't need to steer.
But......If you want to go down a trail with a Pro X, You better tighten the blocks up a little tighter so you have some wait on the ski's......It's all there guys ....The manufacturer can,t be right there to dial it in for you .

Not trying to sound like a know it all.....Just shedding a little light.

·
Registered
2 Posts
my wife has a 99 xc 500 and I have a 2000 xc 600 sp. No question the 600 was the performer here. It soaks up the bumps and corners well. I ended up ridin the 500 alot. The wife liked the comfort of the 6 better. But not next year just snow checked an 05 xc600 and 700. Bring on winter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
my wife has a 99 xc 500 and I have a 2000 xc 600 sp. No question the 600 was the performer here. It soaks up the bumps and corners well. I ended up ridin the 500 alot. The wife liked the comfort of the 6 better. But not next year just snow checked an 05 xc600 and 700. Bring on winter.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have a 99 xcsp, and just bought an 02 edge 700 xcsp.....I MUST vote for the edge . This thing handles the smooth and bumpy trails alot better than my 99 . It just seems to ride alot nicer. I Vote EDGE!!!:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, I have both a 99' XC 500 (gen II) and a 01' XC 500 (edge), and will have to admit, the gen II is a little flatter in the corners. I rolled my edge numerous times on the side when I first bought it. It will take some getting used to, but I think you will appreciate the Edge in the long run.

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
To me the Gen II feels heavy in the corners because it is so flat. Personally I prefer the lift that the Edge chassis gives you. In my opinion the Edge is the all around better chassis.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts