Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new to the sport. hoping to use this forum to keep us out of debt.:)
We are a family of 4, kids aged 5 and 3. Just purchased 2 sleds after 5 grueling days on the net, friends, foes and relatives. I feel as though we did well. A 99 Ski-Doo Formula III 800 triple with 4000km with brand new track, tuned & super clean $2500.00 and a 98 Ski-Doo Formula Z 583 rave with 5200km super clean for $2700.00. Also picked up a 2004 enclosed dual axle rear drop door trailer for $1300.00.
any comments or advise on the machines would be great. I own my own shop (automotive) have been a licenced tech for 15 years, but when it comes to sleds I am somewhat clueless. I fully understand wiring & mechanics but what should I look for.
Thanks in advance for any feedback.

·
Registered
588 Posts
welcome, You'll find all sorts of good info here. And advise too! I always look here first for info on anything that is broke or in need of maintenance on my sleds.

·
Super Moderator
18,334 Posts
There's some stickys at the top of the engine/drivetrain part of the forum regarding preseason maintenance and what to look for. It will give you a good base to start from so when you get stumped, we can weigh in and help out where we can!

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's some stickys at the top of the engine/drivetrain part of the forum regarding preseason maintenance and what to look for. It will give you a good base to start from so when you get stumped, we can weigh in and help out where we can!

Welcome to the forum!
Thanks for the welcome. I will need a few days to figure out how to use this forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
welcome, You'll find all sorts of good info here. And advise too! I always look here first for info on anything that is broke or in need of maintenance on my sleds.
Thanks, I have already had some frustration. Is it just me or are these things hard to start all the time!!!!!!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Welcome Every sled has it's quirks on how they start. Mine are two pulls with the key off then turn the key on one push of the throttle to WOT and then release and it will start on the second pull every time. Yours if they are tuned and set up right should start fairly quick but once again each sled has its own need to get it started. Maybe some of the DOO guy's could chime in with how they start their sled.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts