Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All you guys with the triples. What do you average for MPG. I haven't had a chance to test it yet, just curious, as the old "cork" style gas gauge just doesn't make me feel all warm inside.

I've heard no more then 100 miles for a triple, is this true?

·
Registered
482 Posts
my 650 tripple has Bender pipes and 2 over on the mains.
Im getting about 10 - 12 mls a gallon for a 7 gallon tank.
thats avg 50 - 60 mph, so for me its 70 - 80 a tank.

what tripple you have, 650, 600?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the 600. I've only managed to get about 27 miles in this year. First year on this sled. I've burnt up about a 1/4 of a tank, all at 50mph or less (getting use to the new to me sled.)

·
Registered
31 Posts
chase9119 said:
All you guys with the triples. What do you average for MPG. I haven't had a chance to test it yet, just curious, as the old "cork" style gas gauge just doesn't make me feel all warm inside.

I've heard no more then 100 miles for a triple, is this true?
I have a yammie 700 triple and it goes 175 miles to the tank. 12 gallons. MM

·
Registered
228 Posts
my sis has a vmax sx 700 triple. she gets just as good gas mileage as my friend's xcf 400. about 130 miles around the smaller trails.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Fendrguy said:
MADMAX, I no what ya mean there. I ride with a guy with a SRX and I need gas and hes JUST under half a tank. :rolleyes:

I here ya. It's nice just to filler up once a day.. My buddies on kitties need to top off if they get near a station.. I take a nap. MM

·
Registered
228 Posts
my cat is efi so it doesn't do too bad but my sis is always on the throttle on her sled and that thing will go all day. my sis is slow enough i can go get gas get back on the trail and catch back up to her though. no time for her to nap. lol

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I watched my gauge closely last weekend. I'd say when hard at it through the tight twisty trails, max 70-80 miles to the tank... OUCH!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts