Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i was just wondering if anybody know what a 2000 600 xcsp get for gas milage. and also what is faster a 600 xcsp or a 2002 zr-600 x-country just wondering

·
Registered
711 Posts
Hmmm, i would be happy with about 10 out of your 600. Perhaps a hair more. But sometimes less depending on how ya are on the throttle that day and powder conditions. So about ten.:)

Now who would win. If the xc was tuned right, it would at least be a tie. The thing the zr has is the EFI and thus the best mixture per temp. ALl things being equal though I would imagine about the same.

dano

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Yeah. the efi sled should take the xc just due to its proper mixture that is constant no matter what temp. I get better gas milage now with the VF3 than i did stock. friend has an xc600 and we used to be dead on with gas. now hes empty and im still somewhere between 1/8 and 1/4 depending on how we're riding.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys is there anything i can do to beat the zr that i wouldnt have to heavly mod the sled o yea the zr isnt studded and mine is will that have any effect on it

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
only on hard pack and ice. Check out some information on clutch kits for your sled. Reeds would also help and a silencer would give you weight reduction AND performance. those are pretty much the cheapest engine mods that would give you a major advantage.

·
Registered
711 Posts
throw in a pipe from slp along with that silencer, loose 10 pounds and gain 10 hp. with all this a little clutching will be in order but slp has all the specs for ya. Those along with what maverick said will get you a little past the 120hp mark.

good luck

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys but weight isnt a big deal with this kid because i weigh 145 and the kid weighs 340 so i am realy not to worried about losing wieght against him but thanks for giving me ideas

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
less weight on your sled will help your performance because it can get to speed easier and faster.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts