Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opened the trailer this after noon to work on my wife's sled. Mine had gas all over underneath it. I'm clueless as to the problem..Didn't leak to much but about a good quart under sled..Any suggestions.I'm hearing needles and seats but the dealer says there isn't seats on my sled. Also any sites to over night carb needles and seats if it is the problem..Local dealers say 3 days...I want to ride this weekend..That's why there is FED-EX...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Was the tank full? Seems I remember reading about a recall on cracked filler necks on the tanks or something like that for that year.

·
Super Moderator
17,885 Posts
The rack carbs have the needle and seat in the float, you have to replace the whole float assembly. If that is the problem, turn the gas off when you trailer to where you unload. Turn the gas on to ride. It wont' leak as long as the gas is off and a running engine should keep up with the flow.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I pulled air box last night. No line leaks. Sled started without problem. I rode about 2 miles turned around and put back in garage to simulate conditions. Sled did not leak gas. After 1 hr started 1st pull. Not sure if the -0 weather had anything to do with it or the fact we trailed home that night.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts