Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gas gauge on my 03 rev was useless, asked my dealer about it did not say much. When I ordered my 04 rev I asked him if they fixed the gauge, he said the got the problem figured out. Even in one of the snowmobile mags, I think was sno goer they said it was fixed. Not the case with mine or my buddies brand new one. It showed empty and we had over 5 gallons of gas left, dont get me wrong I usually use milage as a gauge but it would be nice if the gauge was close. Love the snowmobile, hate the gas gauge its really my only complaint. I have a X model why dont they just make a clear tank on it, they offer it in there accessory mag for 200 or more dollars. Guess I will have to orderone!

·
Registered
19 Posts
My friends '03 mxz says 1/4 tank but its got 4.5 gallons left out of 10, thats even what it says in the manual. Stupid if you ask me, or him, or his dad...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yeah, I have the same problem, but the rev isn't the only sled with a gas gauge thad doesn't read properly... I understand that the main reason is that the fuel tank in the rev goes almost to the back of the seat. Pretty much just good to check if you remembered to fill up after the last ride. I also go by mileage... how far do you think you would get out of a tank bnalbe? I don't think I would want to push it much past 80 miles. I have an 800 H.0., I haven't checked what I get for gas milage.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah my Polaris has the same problem.At the time when i bought mine in for it's first service I asked if they could adjust my electonic guage.When my guage says 1/4 I actually have 1/2 tank left.They told me this is done for a reason,so you won't run out of gas on the trail.I usually go by mileage as well,when I have 80 miles I still have 1/2 a tank left.

·
Registered
97 Posts
what size of sled do you have that gets 160 miles on a tank? On a good day running easy on hard pack the 600 triples that we have would be lucky to get 100 miles and they have pretty big tanks, bigger than the one on my skidoo

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a 2003 Polaris 600 Classic Touring(twin).I have never run it out but usually when I ride I put about 80 miles a day and when I top up on gas it takes 22 litres.It has a 44.7 litre tank.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

My 03 rev I ran out at about 80 miles but that was awsome trail conditions and pretty much wide open the whole time. I think if I really took it easy I might get 100 miles but that is pushing it. Like you said I would definetly be looking for gas at the 80 mile mark. My riding buddy just bought an 04 600 rev without sdi because our dealer told him not to get the sdi and he is burning up more than a gallon more then me at every stop. I do agree the gas tank design is definetly a problem for gas gauges but why dont they just put the clear tank on mine especially because it is an X?

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
that's the rv's only flaw.except it throws the cold air right at you . so you'll beat th esmurfs and cats across the lake. the polaris wont run, so no problem there.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Care to explain this one for me!!!
I already told you guys that I can go 160+ miles on a tank of gas.And i can beat a 600 Rev H.O. on my touring,proved that last year.
What's your problem?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have an 03 600 Polaris Classic Touring and last year I proved to my buddy how fast a Polaris is.He could not pull away from me on his 600 H.O.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
if you said anything under 600 i wouldnt believe you. but a 600 is believable.id still take a rev, but if i said a polaris was great, id be grounded.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts