Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Skidoo MXZ 600R etec. I am trying to install a Garmin Montana 680T along with a dash mounted plug for heated visor. I plan to use the Garmin cradle and wiring harness. I have read that that there is a Y wiring harness that is plug and play and allows installation of two 12volt accessories. I don’t want to splice these accessories into the Skidoo’s wiring harness. I emailed Leaders RPM asking the same question. Their parts dept called me to ask exactly what model Skidoo I had. He told me that there was no Y harness for a 600R etec or the Sport. Very strange that skidoo’s wiring harness would be that different. Ski-Doo New OEM Accessory Plug & Play & Harness Cable Adaptor sold at amazon is what I thought would work. Any thoughts? Thanks for any response.

1581969987066.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
60 Posts
Yes, some are different. Lots of times one is AC in the wiring and if so then you'll need a rectifier and regulator to get the voltage correct. I have made up regulator circuits in the past to do just this but if you are not handy then you'll need a plug and play method. Look around some more for something that will work or tap into the wiring to do it.

Steve

PS. Like one of these possibly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, some are different. Lots of times one is AC in the wiring and if so then you'll need a rectifier and regulator to get the voltage correct. I have made up regulator circuits in the past to do just this but if you are not handy then you'll need a plug and play method. Look around some more for something that will work or tap into the wiring to do it.

Steve

PS. Like one of these possibly.
Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts