·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

1997 f150 4.6l v8

1991 polaris indy 650 rxl efi

1979 yamaha enticer 250

2004 crf250r

And hopefully soon i will be getting a 53 f100 for me and my dad to start as a project. we plan on putting a cummins in it.

·
Super Moderator
17,084 Posts
Very nice!

You will have to put in a better front axle in the old girl if you drop a diesel in there ;) Those stock axles don't hold up to a lot of weight.

Definitely take pictures if you do the Cummins conversion, I would love to see that progress! I have a 56 F100 that is waiting patiently for me to do something with... one of these days...

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
There was a factory TSB for the exhaust on that truck to extend the pipe and put the exhaust tip BEHIND the rear wheel. Stock, the exhaust gas used to turn the center caps on the factory rims green. In '98, they modified the exhaust and put it behind the rear wheel permanently. If you have to do any exhaust work, you might want to do it in the updated style.

Nice toys!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The f100 cummins has been a dream of mine and my dads for a wile. If we get one that doesnt need much body work we are going to leave the patina on it we both love that look. we want to make it to were we can drive it every day if we want. i would drive an f100 cummins or not over my f150 any day.

On the f150 i hated how the exhaust exited and it wasnt because of the greening just did like the look. so for a wile i had it just cut off after a thrush glass pack(sounded pretty good) but then the muffler fell off one day on the way to school so now its just cut off beind the cab. (sounds mean!!!) for a stock f150. lol

but im only 16 so im pretty proud of what i have and i work for all of it. unlike most kids whos parents but them everything. i have alot of those spoiled kids in my small country town

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya i love everything that i have. im starting to run out of room in my garage for toys we have a two car garage and we get both sleds the bike and two cars in it along with lots of other junk. my neighbors probably hate me im in the grage till 10pm sometimes. the 650 sounds like a beast when its running. haha so does the crf250.

still working on the yamaha we are getting a new used carb for it today hopefully that works. that sled has only cost us 50 bucks so far. got it for free. and this carb will be free too

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha BC_Dan you got that right! i still got a good deal on it got the sled and a nice snowbird two place tilt bed snowmobile trailer for nothing. but then we have put 50 into the sled so far i think im going to need new crank seals on it

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
My parents dont buy me the parts i need. I paid for the 600 dollar sled and 300ish in parts myself with my allowance from working round the house, my summer job, along with christmas money over the past few years. Im 16 and love my sled. It really is a complete transformation from what it was when i got it. Ive spent 25+ hours on it in the past few weeks alone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts