Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to sledding so this is a learning experience. I have a 92 Panther 440 and was wondering if there is a way to drain the gas tank without have to siphon. I think there is water in it because it sat for a few years. It started and ran ok for a while then got progressively worse till it stopped running all together. I pulled the carbs apart and found water in the bottom of the bowls so I'm thinking there is water in the tank. Please help!

Dave

·
Super Moderator
18,335 Posts
Unless you pull the seat and tank, siphoning is the easiest way. I would tilt the back of the sled up so all the gas/water runs down to the front so you can get as much gas as possible out of the tank. Place the end of the siphon hose in the lowest part of the tank, it may be a benefit to tilt the sled as you lift it to get the gas in one corner of the tank. I then use a rag over the filler hole and use an air nozzle from the compressor to start the siphon. The siphon starts in about 3-5 seconds. Don't overpressure the tank. Use a can of IsoHeat or similar product to help get rid of the water in your next tank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts