Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1983 yamaha 440SS

i replaced the lines from the tank to the fuel pump, from the crankcase to the pump and from the pump to the carb, i replased the pump itself... i replaced the plunger frorm the starter cable that goes into the carb.. i rebuilt the carb.. still the fuel doesnt really get sucked to the carb... i took the filter off that is in the fuel tank just to make sure that it wasnt plugged..... i disconnecteed the pulse line from the crankcase and could only feel pressure pluses from the line, are there suppost to be vacuum aswell... i checked the reeds they are fine aswell.. anyone have some ideas... i was thinking possibily the crank seals but i dont have a pressure tester..... any ideas......

need help asap..

dave

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sounds like you need to check everything over again. Make sure the vacuum hose from the crankcase to the pump isnt cracked or broke. If it isnt then you might have a seal out.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
There should be both pressure AND vacuum from the crankcase. But if you feel pressure, you should have both. To check the clutch side seal, put some really soapy water on the seal and pull it over, if it bubbles, it's leaking. The recoil side isn't as easy to do...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hahahah

well i woke up half drunk this morning and got back at it.., pulled the flywheel off etc.. i dont know why i didnt think to do it earlier but i just blew through the pulse line and coud hear air coming out the crankseal.. i mean i could actually blow a whole lug full of air out again and again...... im gunna order the seal tomorrow.. i hope the clutch side isnt pooched also, i dont have the tool to pull that primary clutch..

anyone have plans to make the took to pull the clutch??? or pictures of it..

thank again.. dave

·
Registered
128 Posts
just go to your dealer and ask to look at one, take some measurements, threadsize, length, etc. with a metal lathe you'll have one made up in no time, i've made one for my arctic cat and also one for my friends polaris. if you want it to last u better harden and temper it too. that is if u wanna do this work to sae 20-30 bucks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts